Prepare for the Swedish invasion! Sweden’s heavy metal warlords AMON AMARTH are set to crash onto European shores this November and December to raid the continent with their biggest and most ambitious, must-see full production tour to date!
This epic tour comes on the heels of the victorious worldwide release of the band’s 11th studio album, ‘Berserker.’ The album smashed into the top echelons of sales charts around the world, including debuting at #1 in Germany and Switzerland, and #2 in Austria, earning the band some of their highest chart positions to date, including in the UK.
If you have never seen Amon Amarth live before, they are a formidable live band. Their shows are hugely energetic, riddled with passion and full of immersive fun that see the band retell the famous stories of their forefathers with crushingly savage aplomb.
Joining Amon Amarth for a three show UK rampage, will be special guests, Swedish titans Arch Enemy, touring in support of their 2017 critically acclaimed album “Will To Power” and legendary Swedish death metal squad Hypocrisy.
We cannot wait to return to Europe and tour the UK with our fellow Swedish Berserkers Arch Enemy and Hypocrisy. We will be bringing our biggest headlining show yet and this truly is going to be an epic heavy metal party that is not to be missed!Amon Amarth on their forthcoming European tour
I can’t think of a better way to wrap up an intense and exciting 2019 ARCH ENEMY touring year than heading back to the UK with our Swedish friends Amon Amarth and Hypocrisy! This will be a celebration of everything that is awesome about Heavy Metal, the Scandinavian way! Skål!”Michael Amott – Arch Enemy
Hypocrisy are very much looking forward to this UK run and to share the stage with Amon Amarth and Arch Enemy. This will be epic!”Peter Tägtgren – Hypocrisy
AMON AMARTH “Berserker” European Tour:
- Nov 14- Vienna, Austria – Gasometer
- Nov 15- Munich, Germany – Zenith
- Nov 16- Ludwigsburg, Germany – MHP Arena
- Nov 17- Prague, Czech Republic – Tipsport Arena
- Nov 19- Zurich, Switzerland – Samsung Hall
- Nov 25- Paris, France – Zenith
- Nov 26- Brussels, Belgium – Forest National
- Nov 28- Birmingham, UK – O2 Academy *
- Nov 29- Manchester, UK – O2 Apollo *
- Nov 30- London, UK – O2 Brixton Academy *
- Dec 2- Esch Zur Alzette, Luxembourg – Rockhal
- Dec 3- Frankfurt, Germany – Jahrhunderthalle
- Dec 4- Berlin, Germany – Velodrom
- Dec 6- Gothenburg, Sweden – Partille Arena
- Dec 7- Stockholm, Sweden – Annexet
- Dec 9- Helsinki, Finland – Black Box
- Dec 11- Malmö, Sweden – Arena
- Dec 12- Aarhus, Denmark – SCC
- Dec 13- Hamburg, Germany – Sporthalle
- Dec 14- Oberhausen, Germany – König Pilsener Arena
- Dec 15- Amsterdam, Netherlands – Afas Live
- * With Very Special Guest Arch Enemy and Hypocrisy
Amon Amarth have been steadily gathering strength and fans over the years, culminating with the stunning performance of the new album ‘Berserker‘ on global album sales charts: Germany: #1, Switzerland #1, Austria #2, Finland #4, Sweden #5, Canada #5, United States #9, Belgium #18, Australia #19, Spain #20, UK #25, Norway #33, France #50, Italy #70.
Comprising 12 monstrous heavy metal anthems that burst with melodic hooks, thrilling savagery, and spine-tingling drama, ‘Berserker‘ is the result of a huge surge of creativity and a collective desire to keep moving forward without compromise. From the explosive riffing of opener “Fafner’s Gold” and the brutish simplicity of the rampaging “Crack The Sky” to the epic fury of “Raven’s Flight” and the gritty storytelling of “Ironside” and “Skoll and Hati”, ‘Berserker‘ is an album full of trademark Amon Amarth bluster and bite but with every aspect of the band’s sound refined, sonically enhanced, and more potent – both in terms of metal oomph and emotional power. Capturing the spirit behind these new songs is the album’s semi-title track, “The Berserker At Stamford Bridge”: a visceral, vivid historical tale, recounting the Vikings last stand against the English army in 1066 and the mind-bending heroics of one axe-wielding warrior.